A damaged windscreen can be a frightening experience. The first question you might ask yourself is, what do I do? Can my windscreen be repaired or does my windscreen need to be replaced?
Unfortunately the answer is not simple! But at JD Windscreens, we’ll try to make things as simple as possible for you.
If you have a chip in your windscreen (like the picure above) it could be repaired. It depends on the size of the chip. Generally speaking, if the chip is smaller than a 20 cent coin, then yes it could possibly repaired.
But here’s what you need to be aware of. A chip can get bigger. Each time you drive the vibrations of the road can cause more movement in your damaged windscreen which will result in a larger area of damage.
If the damaged area of your windscreen is larger than a 20 cent coin, then it will need to replaced. If you’re ever unsure we’re always here to help.
You can get in touch with in three ways:
by email: email@example.com
by calling on: 0435 759 669
or by submitting a quote here
We service both Sydney and Melbourne. The areas we service are:
- Blacktown, Penrith, Parramatta
- Richmond, Liverpool, Bankstown
- Campbelltown, Weterhill Park
- Strathfield, Riverwood, Hurstville
- Rockdale, Sutherland, Bondi
- Maroubra, Sydney CBD, Mascot
- Mosman, Manly, Chatswood
- Ryde, Hornsby, Surry Hills
- Burwood, Five Dock
- Hoopers Crossing, Werribee
- Caroline Springs, Melton
- Sunbury, Craigieburn, Campbellfield
- Bundoora, Preston, Essendon
- Williamstown, Melbourne, St Kilda
- Brighton, Heidelberg, Bulleen
- Burwood, Surrey Hills, Springvale
- Clayton, Dingley Village, Dandenong
- Narre Warren, Moorolbark